We accept submissions on a rolling basis throughout the year. You may send your articles/poems/short stories in MS Word (.doc) format and artworks/photographs in JPEG (.jpg) format to email@example.com along with a short profile of the author. You may go through our past issues (in the Archives) to get an idea of what is usually accepted. However, you may also note that we expect diversity and depth in the submissions.
Typical lengths of submissions shall be as follows:
- Essays (on art, culture, literature, philosophy, cinema, theatre, music and design) – 800 – 2500 words
- Poems – up to five poems per submission
- Flash Fiction – up to 800 words
- Short Fiction – 800 – 5000 words
- Artwork & Photography – send us a portfolio including a few (at least four) sample images along with your concept for an online exhibition or a photo essay and we shall revert with our feedback.
We take around 60 days to respond to submissions. We accept simultaneous submissions. However, please let us know as soon as your article/poem/short story/artwork/photograph is accepted for publishing elsewhere.
Copyright for articles, artwork & photographs published in this magazine shall rest with the authors, with first publication rights to The Bangalore Review. As the magazine follows an open access policy, articles or extracts from articles may be used by others, with proper attribution, for academic and non-commercial use. We reserve the right to publish the work in print in case we go for a print edition at a later time.
Authors are required to take, on their own, relevant approvals for any copyright material they may use in their work submitted to The Bangalore Review. The magazine will not be responsible in any way for copyright infringements.
As a non-profit magazine, we do not remunerate contributors for their submissions at the moment.